Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tallahassee YSA Conference

In an effort to meet more people, Joseph and I decided to start going to more YSA stuff across our region.  I got word of a YSA Conference down in Tallahassee (thanks to several of my EFY pals!!) and we made a plan to go.  Dennis came along and we ended up having a great time!


After a later start than we planned on, we finally left Columbus on Friday evening.  We got to Tallahassee in time to enjoy the last couple of hours of the Dance and then go back to the hotel and sleep.  To be honest, I don't remember much about the conversation after we returned to the hotel.  I was beat from drive!


We woke up Saturday morning and got ready for the day.  Well, Dennis woke up first and was all dressed up by the time Joseph and I woke up.  The first spoken words that morning were when Joseph opened his eyes and saw Dennis in his Sunday best, "Daaaaaaaaang Dennis! I wish I was as fly as you..."


The morning was filled with awesome workshops (for the most part).  At lunch time, we decided to take a side trip.  Dennis, being from California has never seen the Atlantic Ocean (more specifically the GULF) so we set out to find a beach.  It proved more difficult than we thought but just an hour away we found a State Park and got some pretty awesome pictures out of it.


St. Mark's Lighthouse




From another angle.



Silly boys on the beach.



We made it back in time to get ready and then enjoy the dance party before heading home!



I loved getting to see Carla!




Mini-reunion!
Maybe the DJ played "We Like to Party" and maybe we did the line dance...but only maybe. :)




Awesome weekend filled with good times, great spiritual messages and excellent friends!



No comments: