Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Young Women's Camp 2008...


So, I spent last week in FDR State Park up on Pine Mountain with about 100 teenage girls from my stake. Yep, you guessed it...Girl's Camp! This was my last year going as the stake YCL Leader. It's been one of the hardest callings I've ever had, yet (as is typical of callings in my experience) the most rewarding. Seeing these girls, the choices they make, the examples they set--it warmed my heart. It gave me hope for the future of this world. It's so easy to see how quickly this world is going downhill, how horrible people are to each other and the evil that's all around. It has become increasingly clear to me over the past three years how much more prepared these girls are for the world than I was at their age. The Lord truly has saved his most precious spirits for this final battle. You've gotta have the best to fight the worst, right?

Anyway, my YCLs were nothing short of amazing. I'm grateful for them and the examples they are to me. I'll add some pictures when I get home...*yikes! Camp pictures online...*

3 comments:

Molly said...

Hey you! So exciting about the Master's Program! And blogging is not just a married couples thing. It's a far-flung friends thing, and I think we count as far-flung!

Corley said...

my dear KatEY! I'm so glad you got a blog! This is the best way to see what people are up to and see picture and stuff. We'll be down your way SO soon. Let me talk to Jonathan and kinda figure out what the exact dates are for Georgia. I can't wait. Nothing replaces home. Anyway, I hope that you are doing well. Love you tons! Slobbery kisses from Asher.

Ellie said...

how did i not know you had a blog too?