Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 24 - A letter to the Parentals


Mom and Dad,


Thank you. I don't really know how often I say it, but regardless I should probably say it more. You have been incredible parents to me (experimental child included and all :) ). You've done a lot for me...

You've provided me with all the necessities and many of the extras. You showed me what kind of person I want to be when I grow up (because even though I'm an "adult", let's face it...I'm not "grown up" yet). You've given me a great example of what I want my future marriage to look like. You've been wonderful examples and shown me great patience. You set boundaries and requirements, and you enforced consequences when I broke rules. Even though I didn't appreciate it at the time, I see the importance of it now. You said "no" and didn't give me everything I wanted. What a great life lesson! Like a Sister said at church a few weeks ago, "There were times when I got what I wanted and it was good. And there were times when I didn't get what I wanted, and it was better". You both found the gospel, and because you did the searching, I didn't have to. I'll forever be grateful to you for that. You taught me what it meant to be a faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You taught me what was sacred and special and how to treat those things.

In short, everything I am and hope to be is because of you. You are wonderful. And I love you both.

-Kate

No comments: