Sunday, November 21, 2010

Procrastination is B-A-D.

Good grief. Do I really have FOUR entries to do? Well I suppose we should just dive right in...



Day 17 - Life switching

Truthfully, I don't know that there's anyone I would want to switch lives with. Someone else might seem to have things more together than you do, but underneath that they've got problems too. At least with me, I know what most of my problems are. :)



Day 18 - Dreams, Hopes, Wishes...

I think the biggest thing for right now is that I want to get in to a good counseling program AND last a solid assistantship. It would be awesome to not have to pay tuition (and with some of them, not pay room and board either).

Beyond that I can't wait to be licensed as a therapist and start helping people! Having a job I love going to! It's gonna be awesome!

Then also, of course I dream, hope and wish that I'll meet some wonderful man and get to spend eternity with him! I love the gospel and I love the concept of eternal families and can't wait to have my own! Now we just need the man...



Day 19 - Nicknameage

Oh dear. This could get embarrassing real quick. Let's see.

Well, first I don't think you should be reading this if you didn't know that Kate IS a nickname of mine. The real (on the birth certificate) name is Kathryn. You're special if you know the middle name. :)

An EFY friend of mine started calling me Kater Tot, and that has stuck with a few kids from home (who were in her group).

Katers and Katish were around back in the YW days. Oh, girls camp.

My darling brother, Spencer calls me Katee (said like Katie). He does this mostly to annoy me.

Rachel and Ashley have taken to calling me Sister Harrell. This is because I shared with them several stories from my primary kids who can't say Sister Harrell, it comes out SISTA HAWWO. So that's stuck, too.

Kate-dizzle happened in college. I truly don't remember how it came about, but I do remember that it was Adrienne who first started using it. I think I'm still in her phone that way, too.



Day 20 - Potential Husbands? Whaaa?

Ummm...the sad truth here is that I haven't dated many guys that I could actually see myself marrying. This is why I haven't dated any of them for a very long time (oh, the stories I could tell here...). There has been ONE who I think matched most closely the qualities I'm looking for. And I know that may sound like I'm being super selective or that I'm really very picky. It's not that at all. I'm looking for a kind, happy, worthy priesthood holder. From there, the rest is gravy (not that there aren't other things that I like or find attractive). Education is a major plus. Liking/being good with kids probably should be a requirement. Easy-going attitude. Fun. Good sense of humor.

No comments: