Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 3 - Picture time!

Sooooooo I know the post said a picture. But I couldn't choose just one. I did get it narrowed down to 3 though. :)



This is the bestie.

Natalia and I met in high school. We had the same friends and had a lot of the same interests, but didn't really hit it off on an individual level until Senior year (that's what having class together ALL year will do for you!). A couple of years (and a few tough experiences) later, we realized just what an awesome friend we had in each other and the rest, as they say, is history. Natalia's one of those friends that you can literally talk to about anything. Often she knows what I'm thinking/how I'm feeling/how I will react before I even do. She's been around for some really tough times and some really incredible ones. I really appreciate her and the fact that Heavenly Father saw fit to put us in each other's paths.


The college crew (not pictured: Smitty, Agata and Rachel).
These fools were there and pulled me through some of the most stressful times at school. Adrienne (2nd from the left) and I linked up early on after declaring Communication as our major, so we had several classes together and graduated together in May of 2008. Nancy (in the purple) was a bit younger than us, but declared her major earlier in her college career and shared several classes and MANY laughs with us. The crew also included our wanna-be pirate, Smitty (many laughs were had during late night study sessions at her apartment), our foreign exchange student, Agata (tennis-pro extraordinaire! Adrienne had a lot of fun with the language barrier...Agata is from Poland) and our ring-leader (at least until she ditched us), Rachel. I'm SO lucky to have linked up with these ladies. We sure had some good times!

The EFY besties.
There really aren't words for how grateful I am for these girls (clockwise from the top: Nina, Rachel, Ashley and Kaycie). They remind me of what is truly important and constantly uplift me with the strength of their testimonies. They are proof in my life of how well Heavenly Father knows us, particularly knows our needs even when we don't. I needed some friends who were strong in the gospel...and I couldn't have asked for better ones. The example they set, the happiness they radiate, the strength of character and faith that they show make me SO LUCKY to call them my friends.



Summary: I'm pretty dang lucky in the friends department.

2 comments:

Corley said...

what about smelly 20+year friends???

Kate Harrell said...

oh don't you worry. day 11 AND day 26 are also friend-related posts! :)